1. It’s Friday. That’s pretty exciting. Of course, down here my work days and weekends really don’t have much of a difference. I just don’t have to go sit in an office and do nothing for a few hours. I can just do that in my apartment. 😉
2. I still haven’t figured out how to do actual emoticons on WordPress. So I’m stuck with the limited sideways versions I know 🙂 Hopefully I’ll figure out all of the ins and outs of this blogging thing soon!
UPDATE: I just realized they corrected themselves when I publish the post. I’m a genius, guys.
3. My sister introduced me to Dillon Hodges this weekend when I went home. I had heard of him before, but I’m usually a little leery of artists who all of a sudden pop up and it seems like everyone loves for a few minutes and then forget about. But I REALLY like his stuff. In fact, I’m listening to it right now. He’s actually from my hometown (I definitely claim the entire Shoals area as my hometown).
4. Speaking of the Shoals area, isn’t it funny how you take your hometown for granted until you move away from it? In high school, I just wanted to get away from Killen/Florence and go off to school. I ended up sticking around at UNA and realized just how amazing my hometown really is. Even though Tuscaloosa is just 3.5 hrs away (less than 3 if I’m driving ;)), it’s definitely not home. Florence has so many amazing things to offer that are homegrown. UNA is a beautiful, small little campus that has definitely become home to me. I can’t believe I only have 1 year left! Also, Florence/Muscle Shoals has so many wonderful musicians (Dillon Hodges, The Secret Sisters, John Paul White of The Civil Wars, etc) that have come from it and a quaint little downtown that you just can’t beat anywhere else. Ok, enough of Florence. I’m sure you’ll hear plenty more later on 🙂
Oh, and my college campus also has two live lion mascots. Beat that.
5. I had an AMAZING quesadilla for lunch today! Not that it was really important to tell you, but I was excited. My mom sent me home with a crockpot full of Italian chicken this past weekend and between that and various parties (meaning my chemistry group gathering and spending the evening with my sweet cousins) I attended that fed me, I wasn’t able to satisfy the strong quesadilla craving I had been having all week until this afternoon. Of course, it was no where as good as Moe’s though. LOVE that place.
6. I got paid today! Again, not necessary info but I’m still pretty stinking excited.
7. The fiancé and I reserved our reception venue today! We reserved the amphitheater and a pavilion across the street from the church we are getting married in. We actually reserved the pavilion so early that they don’t even have a book with our date in it yet to reserve! But seeing as I definitely do NOT want an indoor reception, we wanted to make sure we got it.
8. I’m currently trying to work up the energy to go to the university gym and do some kind of workout. I so wish I was one of those people who loved to sweat and exercise. Sadly, I am not. But I paid the $26 for the membership this month so I need to make the most of it! I’m thinking of trying the Couch to 5K running plan again. I tried it in February 2012 and absolutely loved it up until week 5. It’s suppose to gradually increase the amount of time you run constantly (for the people who can’t run for a full 5 mins to save their lives AKA me), but around week 5 it jumped from running 8 mins straight to 20 mins. Um, yeah. That nearly killed me and definitely killed my running dreams.
9. The roommates and I have a movie party planned for tomorrow night! We plan to actually make use of our depressing little kitchen/living area and watch The Princess Bride complete with popcorn and candy thanks to my future in-laws and cousins, Zane and Mandie.
How can you not love this movie?
10. I suppose I’ve procrastinated long enough. Off to the gym! 😦 Have a good Friday!